Klaus ist dann mal weg

Klaus ist dann mal weg

About the Blog

Klaus genießt sein sabbatical year und reist um die Welt ...

12.September – El Calafate – Puerto Natales

ReisetagebuchPosted by Klaus W o Claudio el Tigre Mon, October 26, 2015 13:01:32

12.September – El Calafate – Puerto Natales

Took a remise for 25 ARS to the busterminal and left El Calafate w/o eating Calafate, so most likely I dont come back again. In the bus there was Katherine and Florian two germans I had met in the excursion to Perito Moreno yesteray. Most of the time (6 hrs) I dozed as the whether changed to bad. We came to the chilenean border and had to get the luggage x-rayed (as in every chilenean frontier). Around 3 pm we where in the new busterminal. I walked the 10 quartes to the hostel but the hostel was still closed for the season, so I asked the guy where to go. He sent me to the YaganHouse, they only had a bunk bed left so I asked to use WiFi to check my BLOG for the hostel where I was 4 years ago – Lili Patagonia. I found that its at the next block so I just went there, but Lili was full for the day but next day a single was available which I took as Yagan House was full for the next day. So I slept in Yagan House which was relatively expensive 12.000 for bunk but the bed was really good. I didnt leave as I already ate around 4pm in the artsmarket cafe, a real, real, real good Caldillo Marisco (Seefood soup). Went to bed early.

13.September – Torres del Paine

The reception girl told me yesterday that I have to be ready between 7:30 – 8:00 am. But the breakfeast girl told no thats the summer schedule. Well so I had at least 30 Minutes more time. Breakfast was good. But on 8:30 am still nobody showed up and the girl said the minibus just had passed. She helped me and checked with the tour and she told me they are still on their way??? So they picked my up around 8:45. On the way we had a good sight of Condors just near the street. It took a bit more then 2hrs to the park (120km) and just as we arrove at the lookout the torres started to cover up so no sight, and thereafter heavy winds with boes of 120 km. I met the germans on the tour and we had some chat. We had exactly the same way as I had 6 years ago with Rosa and Arturo but not the same weather. We mad a lunchbreak at the same place where I got the incredible pics of a fox, but as it was raining I went to the restaurant for a soup and a vino. There one guy – Pedro – of our group joined and we finished a bottle together. After that I did not leave the bus more as it was raining and I saw glacier grey already and also the Milodon cave.

I agreed with the germans to meet to go together for supper. And as we had a suggestion from the tourguide Jonathan which was Las Picas Del Carlito we went there. Florian wanted cordero del palo which still was on the BBQ but the waiter said no that is already reserverd ;o(, so he took a parrilla, Katharine took s.th. De porber (with fried egg) and I had again a fishshoup. Prior we had Kingcrab, for a starter, which actually was a huge plate. Talking to the waiter I said him I like very much Curanto and he said, they had yesterday, shit. But, he said in the restaurant Raices del Chiloe they have. So I will go tomorrow. We wanted to change for a beer but all the places at the plaza de las armas have been closed, so we went to sleep.

14.September – Waiting for the Navimag Ferry

Easy going, stood up at 10, had my breakfast until 11:30 and then went for the NAVIMAG checkin. Left my bag there as I had to be back at 8:30 pm and went back for the center searching for a hairdresser as I wanted to get a beardcut prior to meet Rosa and her Family – Plans are to be changed, didnt plan to meet them for the Dia de la Patria at 18. September, but a lot of people told that there it will be nice as it is the heart of the chilean folclore and therefore I also searched now for a travelagency, as the flights I found in the INET had been quite expensive. I found an agency and got a flight for 180 Euros roundtrip from Puerto Montt, not knowing whether I take the return as I only bought it as it was 70 euros cheaper then the oneway so I have around 9 days in stgo.

Then I got my beard cut and luckily again my head is firmly attached to the body otherwise I would loose it as I forgot my glasses in the hairdressers and at 4:30 it was closed, so I went to the nearby artsmarket to have a bear and a soup, that was ultimatively too much for my dinner but well. Around 6pm I picked up my glasses and went to Raises del Chiloe, which still was closed but the guy let me in and I got my Curanto, wow again mussles with a size of my hand, only it was not as good as in Mechuque, Chiloe.

At 8:45 pm we had our emparquement, as we had been only about 20 people we got an upgrade, where Pedro had now the best deal as he bought his ticket for 3-way cabin for 300 dollar w/o window and I bought a 2-way cabin for 350 but we ended both in a 2-way with window occupied by one. Really great deal. I carried half a bottle of wine and 3 full bottles of wine into the ship not to have to pay the expensive drinks at board. On the third floor I suddenly felt some wetness at my leg annnnd... the cork wasnt fixed correctly so my half bottle was already empty, hope I dont get problems on board, but nobody said anything.

I got quite well along with Julio Assmann who spoke quite good german. And he told us that after a fire caused by drunken youngsters which burned their cabin 2 years ago they dont allow alcohol on board and there is no bar at all. So I asked him whethere we still go offboard and he told yes until tomorrow 9 am and he said that some of them go to a bar in P.N. So I joined them. There I got more or less the half of the team to know: Michael, Osvaldo and some others. We returned around 2 am.